Jesse Ramirez: Links
- Facebook Page
- Check out and "like" WTX Guitar on Facebook! There will be posts, info links to videos and other really cool info posted regularly. Also, "Share" it with some friends.
- West Texas Guitar is now on YouTube! You can click this link to go directly to the "Ave Maria" video. You can also YouTube search for WTXGTR and see other videos as they come up
- Ramirez Guitars USA
- Jesse is proud to call his concert classical a Ramirez 1A. It took several years of researching, a drive to Colorado, and a wonderful "play-through" that lasted around an hour to call this guitar one made for his concert appearances. Please feel free to visit the Ramirez Guitar website and see for yourself why this guitar has a long lasting legacy of pure perfection.
- Alvarez Guitars
Alvarez guitars are a great instrument. one particular instrument in the Alvarez collection is a '73 Yairi/Alvarez classical constructed with Brazilian rosewood back and sides. The Alvarez Masterworks MC761C guitar is used for classical gigs including restaurants, private parties and more. It is really handy because it plugs into a PA system so there is amplification with no microphone needed. The MD 90 model guitar is my steel string acoustic guitar. This guitar is used anywhere from church, to Celtic Ensemble and even back porch jam sessions. These guitars are amazing and you can find them and other Alvarez models.
- Edward Hernandez
Edward is a very close friend of mine who is also in the music business. He teaches elementary music at Angelo Catholic School in San Angelo, TX and also serves as choir director at Sacred Heart Cathedral. If you are looking for anything from a mass to a DJ setup with dance music and a fog and light show, Edward is the guy to call. You can find more on him.
- Permian Basin Guitar
- Link to Permian Basin Guitar. Operated by Dennis Harris of Odessa TX, this is where you can find more info and blogs about classical guitar. Also check it out for lessons and sales in the Permian Basin area.
- Redline Resophonics- Cumberland Acoustic
These people really know how to put together great instruments. It is held under the direction of Steve Smith and his small crew in Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville). This is where you can find a pretty awesome mandolin for a great price. My model is the Red Line Traveler mandolin. I use the mandolin mainly for folk, TTU Celtic Ensemble, and of course, those ever important back porch jam sessions. They build their mandolins and other acoustic instruments with great care and attention to the detail in both looks and sound. These little babies can project sound to a very impressive level and naturally sound great. Don’t just take my word for it, see for yourself at the red line resophonics site and watch the videos.
- D'Addario Strings
Strings are a very important part of what I do. The best (for me) by far are the D'Addario brand strings. For my classical guitar, I like the Pro Arte series. A picture of the box is shown on the right side of this page. My mandolin is strung with the J75 set. The reason I like these strings is simple: For a great price you get amazing sounding strings that won't wear out on you quickly. You can browse the D'Addario website yourself.